Inch Presbyterian Church
A warm welcome to Inch.
We meet at 11 am (from 2013) on the first and third Sundays of each month. Please contact 00353 7493 60 112 for furter details.
Inch is one of forty seven churches in the Presbytery of Derry and Donegal.
Service 1st and 3rd Sunday each month at 11am. Other weeks we meet in Burt with Burt Presbyterian.
Photographs from the area.
Our history: The Presbyterians on Inch Island originally worshipped at Burt, on the mainland. They formed a seperate congregation in 1831 and their first minister was Rev. Samuel Armour (1833 to 1853). In 1850, the congregation consisted of twenty-two families. In 1896, they were united with Fahan and this union in turn became a three-pointed charge with the addition of Knowhead from 1959 until 1972. From 1st January 1973, Inch became a Stated Supply for the minister of Strand with services held twice each month. We were a Stated Supply for the minister of Ebrington since 1996. This sadly came to an end when Rev. Fell retired in the autumn of 2009. Inch Presbyterian Church is one of the smallest in the Presbytery of Derry and Donegal with a membership of some fourteen families. In 2013 Inch Presbyterian was linked with Burt Presbyterian, with Burt services at 9.45am and Inch at 11am.
Located in the centre of Inch Island (adjacent to Fahan), Inch Presbyterian Church can be accessed via a causeway from the R238 road from Derry to Buncrana.
Inch Island is set in the beautiful Lough Swilly (the lake of Shadows) close to the village of Fahan.
On R238 from Derry to Buncrana at Tooban, Burnfoot
Fahan, Via Lifford, Co. Donegal
Republic of Ireland EIRCode F93 XY65
ROI Registered Charity Number (RCN): 20205867