Strabane Presbyterian Church
FIRST STRABANE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, LECKPATRICK PARISH FINANCIAL STATEMENT 1862. PEWHOLDERS & STIPEND PAYERS
1st Strabane Presbyterian Church history 1872 to 1938. Details below.
Laid by Miss Houston, Lifford
Rev James Gibson was the first Minister.
The cost of the new church was estimated at £4000, £3000 of which had been raised by the time the foundation stone was laid. The church basement contained a large hall which had a capacity for 400 people. The hall was used for the Sabbath school and public lectures.
1693: Presbyterian Meetinghouse on
The old Meetinghouse on
1872: The new Presbyterian Church on
The old Meetinghouse is converted to a school.
1911: 40 years after it was first proposed, Strabane's two Presbyterian congregations unite. Ministry: Rev. Edward Clarke Rev. Charles Toland
1938: Accidental fire destroys the church on Christmas day.
1939-57: The congregation worship at Leepers Brae Presbyterian Meetinghouse.
1957: New church opens on the
Interior view from the gallery: First Strabane Presbyterian Church on
Timeline 1659-1911: First Strabane, Ministers
Rev. William (Robert) Keyes (
Rev Robert Wilson
1692 Dec 21 Rev William Holmes (
Rev Victor Freguson
1766 Feb 6 Rev William Crawford
1789 Nov 10 Rev William Dunlop
Rev John Alexander Adam
1828 Mar 20 Rev William Mulligan
1833 Mar 30 Rev Alexander Porter Goudy D.D.
1859 Sept 26 Rev James Gibson D. D. (
1878 Dec 11 Rev John MacDermott D. D.
1881 Sept 29 Rev John Irwin D. D.
Rev Edward Clarke (United Charge)
On R238 from Derry to Buncrana at Tooban, Burnfoot
Republic of Ireland F93 XY65