Jesus is Lord - Romans Chapter 10 v 9
If you ever see Amalfi lemons from the south of Italy – grab them with both hands!!
This recipe was demonstrated by Ian during a cookery demonstration at Fahan Presbyterian on 25th October 2018.
7 lemons – zest and juice
300g unsalted butter
350g caster sugar
6 whole eggs
100g white chocolate
1. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, stirring occasionally to stop it catching on the bottom.
2. Stir through the granola thoroughly, then press into a buttered 9 inch square tin.
3. In a saucepan melt the butter and sugar together, then add the juice and zest of the lemons.
4. Allow to cool slightly before beating in the eggs and egg yolks.
5. Stir the mixture constantly over a medium heat until it becomes thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
6. Pour over the granola base and allow the mixture to chill thoroughly in the fridge for at least 4 hours – ideally overnight.